You want to change your life and want to become a PADI instructor! After the AI formation continue with the OWSI program to valid your Instructor Development Course. You will see the complete system of PADI diver formation and you will perfect your capacities as a professional instructor.
The Open Water Scuba Instructors with a status of Instructor are authorized to teach the following courses and programs:
– PADI Scuba Diver/Open Water Diver
– Adventure Diver/Advanced Open Water Diver
– Rescue Diver
– Skin Diver et Discover Snorkeling
– Discover Scuba Diving
– PADI Seal Team et Bubblemaker
– ReActivate et Discover Local Diving
– Peak Performance Buoyancy
– Project AWARE
– Coral Reef Conservation
Everything begins with the AI PADI formation, the course. The OWSI lessons are composed of theoretical classes and practical exercises, as:
– Learning, teaching PADI system.
– Standards and proceeds
– Managing risks
– Diving marketing
– Teach Specialty Diver courses
– Commercialization of scuba diving
– How to teach the Leisure Diving Table
– Presentation of the course
– Theoretical presentation
– Presentations in natural site and Discover Scuba Diving workshop
– Standards and proceeds
– Open Water Diver course
– Advanced Open Water Diver course
– Rescue Diver course
– Divemaster course
– Manage of the risks
To prepare yourself, it is recommended to every candidate to procure the pedagogical kit of the instructor composed by 20 elements, as:
– Cue cards Open Water Protégé
– Cue cards Open Water Naturel
– Cue cards Advanced
– Cue cards Rescue Diver
– Cue cards Divemaster
– Protected Open Water tablet setting
– Natural Open Water tablet setting
– Open Water Diver exam
– Divemaster exam
– Hologram authentication
– Knowledge Workbook
– Guide to Teaching
– DVD Guide to Teaching
– DVD lesson guide Open Water
– DVD Business of Diving
– DVD Specialty marketing
We also recommend you to do the preparation to take 2 days to complete.
As a professional of scuba diving, you will need to bring your own equipment; it includes a diving computer, a diving knife and 2 systems of surface signalization.
The PADI AI (or equivalent), at least 18 years old can participate to this formation. They also need:
– 60 dives, including a night dive, a deep dive and underwater orientation.
– Being certificate since 6 months
– Followed the Emergency First Response in the last 24 months.
– If the candidate doesn’t have the PADI Divemaster, he will have to complete the Evaluation of safety technics.
– Give all the documents of your qualifications(or equivalent)
– Medical certification that allows you to practice scuba diving.
Note that the qualifications recognized by the other organizations can be accepted.
The success of the OWSI program permits to the candidates to try the Instructor Examination (IE). The exam is organized by PADI. Only the success of this exam will allow you to get the OWSI.
For this 2 day-formation, you will need:
– 100 scuba dives
– Success on the OWSI in the last 12 months.
– The formation Firs Response Instructor (or equivalent)
The price of this formation is 790 euros. It doesn’t include the following items:
– IDC Crew pack: 660 euros
– OWSI tax: 206.40 euros (payable directly to PADI)
– IE tax: 768 euros
– Location of the equipment : 120 euros
DURATION OF THE FORMATION :
4 days of practice + 2 days for IE.
For any further information, please contact us by email at email@example.com